Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Art Quilt beginning - The Mingus Park Lantern


So this is where this art quilt started, on walks past this lantern in the Choji section of Mingus Park, Coos Bay, Oregon ....  

Next was drawing the lantern to size on some freezer paper, attaching to pre-washed 28" x 48" white kona cotton fabric, and then out onto the driveway on a sunny Saturday for sun-painting.    Here was the initital result:


I enraptured gazing at this gorgeous wet piece in the driveway..... but, for some reason, it dried very much paler, alas.    I did a bit of acrylic painting on it, but I still had that vision of that deep glorious piece in my memory, and so I did my usual routine with pieces I was at a standstill with:   I bought it a nice plastic box to live in til my energy for it resurfaced.   

Now, the following spring, I have been experimenting with the Tsukineko Fabrico fabric inks, and I'm ready to play with this piece again.   Next post, I'll show you what it looks like before I start with the inks.

Smiles and joy to you, and glorious colors!
Sharon

1 comment:

  1. Going to enjoy the development process of the Lantern piece...Kudos on revisiting the piece and analyzing what may and may not work, going ahead with the Tsukineko Fabrico fabric inks. I have not worked with them, so am curious to your reactions, thoughts and results, be it + or - !!!! Shirl

    ReplyDelete